Continuing Education Hours: 1.5 CE for LPC, SW, LMFT, and Psychologists
- After the course, participants will recognize the societal view of Black women.
- After the course, participants will distinguish why Black women may choose to stay in abusive relationships.
- After the course, participants will identify the stages to leaving an abusive relationship.
- After the course, participants will examine healthy ways to helping minimize intimate partner violence in the Black community.
- After the course, participants will execute steps towards dealing with bias and misconceptions towards the Black culture.
Shanaci graduated with her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley, CO. She later graduated from Amberton University in Garland, TX with a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling. Shanaci has a successful practice in the Collin County area. She has always had a passion for helping people work through the struggles they face in life, set goals for change, and accomplish those goals. It takes courage to go through counseling and face what you are going through, and she is here to walk alongside clients and to help provide the tools to do so. Through her extensive background of training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), she has gained much knowledge to help in providing the tools and skills in guiding couples, teens, and individuals to work through the challenges they face day to day and from their past.Email