Trauma Support Services of North Texas (TSSNT) was founded in 2007 as a 501(c)(3) to better serve victims of trauma in North Texas. Its founders developed a unique strategy to provide high quality trauma therapy to the people who could least afford them.
Trauma Support Services of North Texas (TSSNT) employs paid therapists and also partners with experienced therapists who volunteer a few hours a week to see clients. In return, each therapist receives free hours of trauma therapy continuing education per month.
This strategy allows therapists who are typically in private practice to see clients in their own offices or at a TSSNT office, ensuring that clients can receive help as close to their own homes as possible.
Because of our wonderful volunteer therapists, we are able to provide therapy services free of charge and our clients are able to receive treatment for "as long as it takes."
TSSNT offers comprehensive assistance to those impacted by trauma in the 16 counties of DFW Metroplex and the surrounding area.
We provide access to a variety of therapy options, including:
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Family Therapy
TSSNT is unique in that we:
- Offer services free of charge
- Go beyond short-term crisis intervention and referral services, to address the longer-term therapeutic needs resulting from trauma
- Use only licensed therapists with trauma experience
- Arrange for volunteer therapists to take one client/family at a time on a pro-bono basis
- Maintain client contact for as long as it takes for clients to return to a happier, more productive life
- Accept Crime Victims Compensation for those who qualify
The Trauma Care Institute (TCI) is a program of Trauma Support Services that provides high quality trauma training throughout the state of Texas.
The goal of TCI is to equip statewide communities with effective trauma therapy services through high quality education.
The Trauma Care Institute offers/has offered:
- Free monthly trainings
- Trainings upon request
- State of the art trainings in the effective treatment of trauma (EMDR, TFT, Ethics, Diversity, Crisis Response & Management, etc)
- Certificate in trauma-informed care
- Certificate and certification for schools in trauma therapy
- Case consultation for mental health professionals
Contact the TCI Team with any other questions or training inquiries!